What is service desk software?
Businesses across all industries — particularly those in high-growth periods — are placing a technical backbone behind their internal support operations. This doesn't mean taking people out of the internal service equation; on the contrary, it means arming customer service teams (like IT, HR, and finance) with the tools to do their jobs better. One of the most common ways of doing so is via service desk software: software that automates and organizes ticket management and issues reporting, giving customer service teams an organized lay of the land.
Un enfoque diferente
In the not-so-distant past, internal customer service skills was limited to a handful of certainties: one email to one email address, a hopefully brief(ish) waiting period, and a person-to-person discussion of the problem at hand. While digital channels, such as company portal with form fields, have given internal customers more options for communicating with their service providers, this has proven a double-edged sword. Queries are, now, spread out all over the place: on enterprise social networks, in email queues, and waiting for a call back, and more.
Service desk software gathers all the pieces strewn about the physical and digital customer service landscape and organizes it, helping teams achieve maximum efficiency.
As you build technical support into internal customer service, focus first on your talent. Service providing teams should feel empowered by these tools, which comes with proper training and recognition for a job well done. Arm them with links to content from your knowledge base, and encourage them to build that into their interactions with internal customers. Solicit their advice, too: After all, they are on the front lines and know your customers best.
Llegó la hora de la solución
When determining whether a software solution is your best bet, look within to find the answer. Is your business in startup mode, growing more quickly each quarter? Analyze your ticket queue: Have your digital channels evolved into go-to places for self-assisted solutions? Are your service queries seemingly coming in from all directions? If you answered yes to any of these questions, it might be time for a service desk software solution.
What to consider when looking for a service help desk
A service help desk collects tickets when someone calls you, texts your support number, writes a comment on your Facebook wall, emails you directly, and more. It takes all of those interactions and organizes them in a central location. This lets your agents do what they do best without wasting time switching programs or searching through email chains. You can also use the same type of software to run an IT services help desk to make sure your employees are heard and their issues get resolved.
When you shop around for a service desk, it’s a good idea to consider things like:
- Budget: Find a plan that fits your budget and your needs. By shopping only on price, you may end up with a cheap service desk system that’s lacking in features. Consider the hours it will take your team to set up the program and adopt its features in the overall cost, as well.
- Channel support: How many channels do your customers use to get in touch? At a minimum, the system you select should sync all the channels you currently use in one inbox. It’s also useful to have access to more channels in case you want to expand in the future.
- Number of agents: Is there a cap on the number of agents you can have? Or, does the program have certain tiers that require a minimum number of agents?
- Scalability: A scalable system can future-proof your customer service department and allow you to easily add more agents and channels. In other words, you shouldn’t have to purchase a new service desk system when it’s time to grow.
- Language support: A good system will support a wide range of languages and also let you handle multiple languages at the same time.
- Self-service portal: The software should make it easy to create a library of answers to frequent questions and also make it easy for customers to find them.
Cómo ayuda Zendesk
Our help desk software is designed with people, and the relationships between those people, in mind. That includes arming internal customer service agents with customizable messages, custom views of the incoming queries, and more. It also encourages collaboration and internal messaging between members of the team, ensuring one agent isn't the sole bearer of knowledge and context behind a customer's concern.
The end result? A seamless experience for your customers.
Y aún hay más. Lee a continuación.
The benefits of service desk software are almost unlimited. Learn more about how it can help you give your customers the best IT support: