Zendesk Events Policy
Effective as of November 1, 2018.
1. Information We Collect and Process
Event Registration: . We collect and process personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, name of organisation, when you register for, or attend a Zendesk event.
Transactional: We may need to process your name, contact details and payment details when you pay to attend a Zendesk event.
Identification: Your identity details may be required by event staff for verification purposes and to allow you entry to the event venue.
Submission: We collect and process your name and contact details when you enter our sweepstakes and contests.
Accommodating Specific Requirements: Attendees may be given the opportunity to provide individual requests relating to a disability, specific access requirements or dietary requirements.
Recordings: We may collect and process your image in photograph and video recordings, and your voice recording in audio recordings (collectively “recordings“) when you attend a Zendesk event.
2. Cómo utilizamos la información que recopilamos
Processing of attendees’ personal information when you register for, or attend a Zendesk event is necessary for a variety of purposes, including:
- (a) the management of the event, including event registration, invitations, attendees’ reports, distribution and feedback on reports, meeting follow-up, and publications;
- (b) to contact you and communicate with you (this may include contact by our partners;
- (c) to process and complete transactions, and to send event-related transactional messages, including responses to your comments, questions, and requests;
- (d) to verify your identification at the event;
- (e) to process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- (f) to accommodate disabilities, access requirements, or specific dietary requirements;
- (g) to record and disseminate your image in photography and video recordings taken at the event;
- (h) h) to record and disseminate your voice recordings from audio recordings taken at the event;
- (i) to exercise or defend legal claims;
- (j) to send promotional communications (subject to your prior consent), such as providing you with information about products and services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and additional events; and provide other news or information about us and our partners; and
- (k) for any other reasons we inform you about where we have your consent or another lawful basis to use your personal information.
3. Lawful Basis for Processing (EEA visitors only)
If you are a citizen of, resident of, or visitor from the European Economic Area (the, “EEA”), our lawful basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only:
- (a) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you;
- (b) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or;
- (c) where we have your consent to do so.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (e.g., exercising your rights under data protection law and making rights’ requests; the establishment and defence of legal claims and rights).
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are. Such interests may include, for example where we contact you about Zendesk events; for the purposes of recording your image and/or voice; to send you marketing communications.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, you may contact us on mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Who We Share Your Data With
Your registration data will be shared with the event-organisers, who co-host, sponsor or are involved in the event, internal and external media outlets, and in some cases, other members of the Zendesk Group affiliates appropriate to the event for event-management purposes. We may also share personal information with third parties, where we have your consent to do so.
Internal and External Media Outlets: Recordings may be reproduced in various media outlets, including Zendesk Group outlets, through social media (such as Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram), Zendesk Group’s websites, publications in connection with the event, at related events, and for Zendesk Group’s promotional activities.
5. Retaining your data
We will retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the relevant purposes set out in this Policy. We will securely delete or erase your personal information following an event if there is no valid business reason for retaining your data, otherwise we retain the personal information we collect where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to enable your participation in another event, to comply with applicable law, or for marketing campaigns in accordance with your marketing preferences). In exceptional circumstances, we may retain your personal information for longer periods of time if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation, in the event of any complaints or there is another valid business reason the data will be needed in the future.
6. International Transfers
We store personal data about attendees within the EEA, in the United States and in other countries and territories. To facilitate our global operations, we may transfer and access such personal data from around the world. We do this under our group-wide Binding Corporate Rules, which guarantee an adequate level of data protection wherever your data is physically kept.
We have the right to disclose your personal data as required by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process served on the Zendesk Group.
If there is a takeover, sale or purchase of our business, we may disclose your personal data to the new (or prospective) owner of the business.
7. Your rights
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting email@example.com
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us at email@example.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you have questions regarding this Policy or about the Zendesk Group’s privacy practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at:
Zendesk’s United States Representative:
Attn: Hasani Caraway, Chief Privacy Officer
1019 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103, United States
Zendesk’s European Representative:
Zendesk International Ltd
Attn: Rachel Tobin, Senior Corporate Counsel
1 Grand Parade Dublin 6 D06 R9X8 Ireland
9. La versión en inglés prevalecerá
Las traducciones de esta Política a cualquier otro idioma que no sea el inglés se proporcionan únicamente para facilitar su consulta. En caso de cualquier ambigüedad o disputa entre traducciones, la versión en inglés es la oficial y la que prevalecerá.