ITIL incident management software provides a system for your service desk that automates the workflow of incident management.
In today's customer savvy technical world, it can be troublesome to keep up with the volume of customer requests or incidents that run across your help desk. Do you have a problem with managing the same incident that keeps recurring over and over? A help desk is only as good as the processes you define for it. That's where Zendesk Support comes in.
La noticia entre bastidores
The traditional help desk defines its goals and processes according to government and corporate best practices such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library). The goal within ITIL when dealing with customer issues or incidents specifically is “to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible and minimize the adverse effect on business operations”.
ITIL problem management and incident management software, with its application management function, combines people, processes, and technology, allowing for systematic tracking and incident management. This integration solution with its knowledge base, identifies the problem and ensures that the root cause of each customer's request is quickly resolved.
The main IT service incident management processes you follow to achieve your help desk goals is:
- Detection and recording
- Classification and initial support
- Investigation and diagnosis
- Resolution and recovery
Taking this model and adding the GTD model (Getting Things Done), you can simplify your help desk by breaking it all down to levels of collect, organize, communicate, and follow-through.
- Collect - the easier you make it for customers, the easier it will be to understand and respond
- Organize - Zendesk Support routes incoming customer requests manually or automatically; assigning to one agent, but accessible to others
- Communicate - leverage many different channels so customers, staff and others are up-to-date and kept in the communication loop
- Follow-through - issues always have a clear path and solid closure
Love your help desk
An appropriate "no fuss" help desk processes are key to ensuring mutual satisfaction between your customers and staff. Contact us for more information on ITIL Incident Management.
Tenemos más información sobre esto. Mira a continuación.
There’s a lot more where this came from. Keep exploring the world of ITIL incident management, global user support, and agent efficiency.